TITLE OF POSITION: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant – Amplify GR
STATUS: Full-time, hourly/non-exempt
DEPARTMENT: Staffing – Amplify GR
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Amplify GR
This position is responsible for providing general office and receptionist support for Amplify GR,
while also providing direct administrative support to the Amplify GR Leadership team.
ABOUT AMPLIFY GR
Amplify GR is a newly formed nonprofit committed to facilitating increased opportunities for:
- Reinvigorated neighborhood-based economies by attracting employers, fostering
entrepreneurship and investment opportunities, facilitating job placements, and
expanding workforce development opportunities
- Access to mixed-income housing by increasing the availability of high-quality housing
options in a manner that includes current residents, while fostering community and
- Cradle-to-career educational excellence by supporting the education pipeline in its
efforts to produce top-performing outcomes from early childhood through school,
culminating in fulfilling careers
The new nonprofit will strive to achieve system-level alignment, make catalytic investments, and
develop strategic partnerships in Boston Square and the Cottage Grove/Madison Square area
based on innovative and authentic community engagement.
- Greet and welcome guests; practice professional and courteous hospitality.
- Thoroughly screen and manage incoming phone calls taking initiative to handle without
direct supervision; provide information when appropriate, and/or direct inquiries to the
- Maintain inventory and proactively order office supplies.
- Prepare meeting and training rooms.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence.
- Type and proofread documents.
- Perform data entry tasks as assigned.
- Execute other office tasks as needed for a smooth-running office.
- Schedule meetings and calls; coordinate meeting arrangements and calendars.
- Create and prepare information for meetings, including spreadsheets and presentations.
- Support, plan and coordinate details surrounding public meetings, special events and
small group sessions.
- Attend meetings to record minutes and notes as requested.
- Organize travel arrangements as needed.
- Support AGR efforts as requested.
Other Support Services
- Complete expense reports as requested.
- Organize documents and historical records.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
ELEMENTS OF SUCCESS
- High School Diploma required, Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Three years of administrative support experience preferred.
- Previous experience in not-for-profit setting and/or community affairs desirable.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to effectively engage, interact and communicate cross-culturally in a diverse
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communications, English grammar, spelling, punctuation
and composition skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- A good understanding of general office practices, procedures, and office equipment.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to initiate, prioritize, follow through on projects,
and work independently.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong ability to anticipate the needs of staff.
- A strong sense of discernment and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask while maintaining accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with a variety of people; personal demeanor
which is mature, courteous, cheerful, and gracious.
HOW TO APPLY
Email your resume and cover letter to Bethany Underwood, email@example.com.
We look forward to reviewing your application materials.